What We Do:
ICLS’s immigration work focuses on adults and minors who have been the survivors of domestic violence in the U.S. We recognize that our clients may have additional legal issues that require assistance and we make it our mission to take on a holistic approach in meeting those needs.
Immigration issues we assist with:
- U-Visa, VAWA, and T-Visa;
- Naturalization (Citizenship);
- Adjustment of Status (Green Card applications);
- Deportation Defense*.
Please call our hotline for assistance and to see if you qualify for services.
A U-Visa is for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are enforcement or government officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity.
You may qualify for a U-Visa if:
- you are the victim of a certain crime in the U.S. (i.e. domestic violence);
- you suffered from physical or mental effects of a crime;
- you helped the police in investigating a crime
You may qualify for VAWA if:
- you are married to a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- you are the victim of domestic violence
- you lived with your spouse
- you married your spouse for genuine reasons
You may qualify for a T-Visa if:
- you were brought to the U.S. and forced to have sex for money OR forced to work for little or no money
- you helped the police in investigating what happened to you
- you would suffer hardship if you were deported