What We Do:
In collaboration with ICLS’ eight practice groups, our LGBTQ+ Services Program staff provide the LGBTQ+ community with legal services in the following areas: consumer rights, education, elder law, expungement, family law and domestic violence, guardianship, health, housing, immigration, public benefits, small business, systemic & impact litigation, and taxpayer guidance.
In addition, we provide advice and counsel, legal education, and full scope representation in the following areas:
- Assisting with name and gender marker changes, including petition preparation, filing, and court proceedings.
- Helping community members navigate updating identity documents with government agencies like the Department of Motor Vehicles, the Social Security Administration, and the California Department of Public Health – Office of Vital Records.
- Ensuring that LGBTQ+ folx have control over their medial wishes through the preparation of advance healthcare directives.
- Accessing health care & public benefits.
- Legal guidance to LGBTQ+ small businesses & owners.
- And so many other services specifically targeted to meet the unique legal needs of our counties’ LGBTQIA+ community.
If you have any questions, please complete our applicant inquiry form: LGBTQ+ Services Inquiry Form. A member of our LGBTQ+ legal services team will reach out within 1-3 business days of your submission.
For assistance, please call our intake line at (888) 245-4257, to see if you qualify for services.